SIMEX Bangladesh Can Make Your Street Lighting Project Easier In 2022
Let's See The Topics
Street light or street lamp is a good source of light typically mounted on a lamp column or pole either on the side of the road inside the median, or suspended on a wire on top of the road to supply illumination. Street lighting will give safety benefits at midblock and intersection locations and might improve safety for pedestrians, particularly at crossing points.
Street lighting has many important benefits. It can be used to give security in urban areas and to extend the standard of life by artificially extending the hours in which it is light so that activity can occur.
Street lighting also modifies the safety for drivers, riders, and pedestrians. Driving outside of daylight for hours is more dangerous – only a quarter of all travel by car drivers is between the hours of 7 pm and 8 am, yet this period accounts for 40% of fatal and serious injuries to the same group.
Pedestrians and vulnerable road users suffer from diminished visibility also in the dark. For this reason, ways of reducing the risk to all road users during the hours of darkness must be found.
Importance of Street Lighting
In any area, street lighting has an important role to play in –
- Reducing risks of nighttime accidents
- Discouraging crime
- Assistance in the protection of buildings/property
- Making a secure environment for habitation
- Discouraging vandalism
Types of Street Lights
There are many different types of street lights. Street light is a Luminescent lighting system that is used on roads, streets, and public squares. It usually starts to shine at night or in the dark and goes out after dawn.
The 6 types of distinguishing indicators of street lights:
1) Classification by street lamp height:
- High pole street light (15-40M)
- Middle pole lamp (12-15M)
- Road lamp (6-12M)
- Garden street lamp (2.5-5M)
- Lawn lamp (0.6-0.8M)
2) According to the lamp post material division:
- Hot-dip galvanized iron street lamp
- Hot-dip galvanized steel street lamp
- Stainless-steel street light
3) Sort by light source:
- Sodium street lamp
- led street lamp
- Energy-saving street light
- Xenon lamp
- Non-polar street light
4) Classification by shape:
- Chinese street lamp
- Antique street light
- Landscape lamp
- Single-arm street lamp
- Double arms street lamp
5) Divided by power supply mode:
- Commercial street light
- Solar led street light
- Scenery complementary street lamp
6) Classifying on the basis of the method of CIE
There are 3 indexes to divide types of street lights.
- Light Projection: indicates that the light emitted by the luminaire is spread vertically along the road. It is divided into short, medium, and long projection street lights.
- Light Extension: This indicates the extent to which the light emitted by a luminaire spreads horizontally across the road. It includes narrow, normal, wide lamps.
- Light Control: indicates the degree to which a luminaire controls glare. It is divided into 3 kinds which are called limited, medium, strict street lamps.
Street Lighting Suppliers in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, there are around 20 company’s supply street lights. SIMEX Bangladesh is one of them.
We have been successfully delivering projects to the clients including street lighting, building construction, transport, and main roads, bridge, flyover, over bridge, Rail through long-serving key Company personnel.
Our honorable clients are – Bangladesh Economic Zone Authority, Roads and Highway Development of Bangladesh, Local Government Engineering Department Of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Water Development Board, Italian Thai Development (Dhaka Metro Rail Project), Sinohydro (Dhaka Metro Rail Project), Xingweng Feng Trade Co. & Ltd., Wellstone Co & Ltd and many more.
SIMEX Bangladesh in Street Lighting Sector
SIMEX Bangladesh is a new generation company dedicated to making the latest concepts, technologies, products, services, and solutions available in Bangladesh for the greater benefit of using those to the fullest.
To ensure high-quality materials for all infrastructure and construction projects as well as provide the same to Government Departments and private contractors and builders, Dewan Shuvo set up SIMEX Bangladesh.
Need to light up your city with the best quality lighting materials? Contact us and speak to one of our construction experts, we’re always happy to provide you with our services and information over the phone or schedule a time to discuss your project face to face.